News & Events The gift of good health: How to stay safe and healthy
The gift of good health: How to stay safe and healthy
The week leading up to Thanksgiving, the CDC found that over 400,000 people had tested positive for COVID-19 as infection rates continue to climb.footnote1 It is for this reason that the CDC as well as many state governments are recommending people limit their travel this winter. Below are ideas to stay safe if you are unable to limit travel and contact with people outside your home.
- Always wear a mask! You can even purchase both reusable or disposable medical masks at CVS.com to avoid going in store.
- Wash your hands regularly and bring hand sanitizer with you when you leave the house.
- Make sure you are up to date on your vaccines, including your flu shot, and keeping your immune system strong. Flu shots are typically covered by insurance and are HSA and FSA eligible. You can make an appointment at your local CVS here.
- If you do have to travel, try a road trip so you’re able to maintain social distancing. You can learn more about risk while traveling from the CDC.footnote2
- If you are planning on seeing those outside your home, quarantine or get tested before and after to prevent spreading COVID to your loved ones and your community.